Main features of our energy efficient house are:
- 100% self-sufficient in sustainable electrical energy. Our power station is based on wind+solar energy.
- 100% self sufficient in water
- gravity based water collection and distribution system that does not need pumps.
- Low energy demand (@20W per square meter of living area in winter) due to double insulation, double glazing, insulated floor and reflective blinds.
- Passive reflective solar heating that meets nearly 50% of winter heating energy needs, featured in Renew issue 88 on the front cover
- Solar hot water
- Fully processed gray water and sewerage (worm farm system)
- minimal footprint on the environment
- many innovative features and ultra low energy devices such as the chest fridge that takes less energy in 24 hours than a light bulb in just an hour
- double glazed dome greenhouse with thermostatically controlled ventilation system and temperature control
- solar assisted heat pump system